Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Inkle Loom, Guild Meeting and Squares




It is going to be a fun day at the guild this Saturday, we are making bags and need to produce some knitted squares from handspun yarn to create them, need about 15 - 20 and I have done 9 so far, so lots more yarn to spin and knit before then! I will post a picture of my bag when it is finished.


At the last workshop I was shown how to weave on an inkle loom, (apparently inkle means small) great fun because it's not too difficult and fairly quick to do, the picture is my first attempt in crochet cotton, next I want to make a soft wide braid in wool.

1 comment:

KnitYoga said...

The inkle loom looks really interesting. Look forward to seeing the bag when it's made. Still haven't got our spinning wheel, i'm afraid, but hearing about all the exciting things happening at the Guild has me hankering again.